Tuesday 31 August 2010

End of destruction, beginning of construction!


I have been promised that that's it..the last of the demolition. From now on, it's onwards and upwards. Now, that picture of a block wall may look really boring but it is the first bit of new build and therefore, to me, it looks like the Taj Mahal.


We took a week's holiday last week--and spent it at Ikea. It was really sad, we even took sandwiches with us. I did look round for a post card but for some reason, they don't do them.


But on a positive note, we have recently talked to someone with a air sourced heat pump and they were really enthusiastic which is reassuring, because it is difficult to find out independent information on these things. At this moment, my other half is chatting to a lady who is planning her own eco build, she too is struggling for information.


If you want to, do have a look at this month's Self Build and Design mag, you'll see that I've bared my soul about our project.


Off to check the next course of blockwork now!




No comments: