Tuesday 24 August 2010

This is the worst it's going to get...apparently!







So, it can't get any worse, there's nothing left to demolish. Now it's a matter of building it back up. I'm really relieved because, believe me, there's not much left at all.






Check out the pic of one of our builders shovelling all our rubble into a wonderful rubble guzzler..then we are able to use all that waste as hardcore for the floors. Such environmental brownie points!


Also, you can now see how high the kitchen through to the dining room will be, I think that 'll look good ( ok, so you need some imagination, but all those in the know...husband, architect and builder look up sagely and nod approvingly)



We're spending our " holiday" going round kitchen places, having arguments about worktops we can't afford anyway and generally playing with little pieces of graph paper. My lovely ideas about posh sinks and cookers are being downgraded daily until I'll be lucky if I get a bucket and a match.






It's fun, this bit, though. At least it would be if a certain person's eyes wouldn't keep showing cash registers like Tom and Jerry.






No comments: