Monday 2 August 2010

DAY 1 of THE PROJECT

So, the builders have bought the tea bags, the electrician has isolated one plug they can use for their kettle and we have moved out. Well, we moved out before the builders came,

but you probably realised that and I'm still tired from the move!


We can't find anything as most things are in storage but after 3 years of undoubtedly unnecessary agonising, we are finally re building our naff bungalow into a much more tasteful and eco house. I will blog progress and let you know how we are getting on. We are intending to put in solar panels, shed loads of insulation, water harvesting and lots of other eco type thingies. We will also, finally, have a house that reflects us and our taste and, even better, no more swirly carpets, artex or gas fires with pink and light brown stone surround. Yipee!


You have to understand, dear reader, that all this is being done because of my Christmas tree.


I have struggled for three years to make that house look pretty and festive at Yuletide but I have failed. Yep, despite the individual wooden figures from Prague, despite the discrete little white fairy lights and despite the little red lanterns with twinkling candles, it has looked wrong, so wrong. I mean, if you can't make a house look nice at Christmas, what hope is there?


So now the house is being designed around my Christmas tree and I have been promised we will be in for 17th December, you can follow my increasing tension here.


No comments: