Monday 16 August 2010

chimneys and badly built bungalows







So the chimney wasn't keyed into the brickwork huh? So it had to come down when we took the support away. It's really good to know that when we have finished this 'ere house, it will stand for years. It does show how standards have changed. The pile of rubble is growing though.






It's really looking like a building site now..especially since the downpours last week. It's strange, I hate the whole building at the moment. I lived in it quite happily for three years, knowing that one day we would change it and I would wander round muttering cheerful obscenities against the green kitchen, the green bathroom and the green carpet, but now that it's not recognisable in any shape or form, I loathe it. I look at it with furrowed brow and clenched teeth. It was like my Auntie Ida with her knitted tea cosies--dated but sweet, and with our things in, it did have a feel of home. Now, it's more like a cardboard cut-out of a property, without character or charm and certainly nothing to do with us.






Fortunately, I think we're almost at the end of the demolition road so hopefully, it will start looking like something more interesting.






The debates re air source heat pumps, photovoltaics and water harvesting continue but in rebellion against momentous decisions, I went and weeded my veg patch at the weekend which was quite restorative and made me remember that, yes, this is my home.












No comments: