Sunday 15 November 2009

There are more of you out there than we know!

I keep getting messages from friends --yes, I do have some---saying they agree with me that we can't wear a hair shirt all the time just because we care about the environment. I'm still learning how to maximise this blog shenanikins so I have no idea whether anyone except long suffering friends and relatives are out there, (you know who you are!) but I shall carry on wittering just in case. Anyway, it's good fun on a dark, Sunday evening between the crossword and The Archers and who knows, we optimistic greenies may eventually take over the world.

So, today, I picked up a pile of litter including three cans and a pile of plastic, not to mention those infuriating polystyrene chip containers. We had some friends coming and I wanted my beautiful town to look lovely, so I ended up trying to juggle the dog lead, the cans and the litter between my two hands which was fine till Molly saw a Jack Russell that looked like an interesting find and took me leftwards with a sudden jerk. I may be fast getting a reputation as the bag woman who, with hair flying, lurches from one side of the path to the other flaying bits of plastic in all directions. I suffer for my art!

Maxim for a Sunday night: You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

No comments: