Tuesday 28 September 2010

Transition Townies-- don't you just lov 'em?

Just been to Transition Town movement and we are having a party in February. In between organising the local sausages, it was mentioned that we should have a Tranquillity Team.

Now this is a term that one of our members heard at the Climate Camp and to begin with, I didn't understand what it was. Then I realised it was bouncers!

Firstly, I can't see that a Wirksworth party of families and transition town types would need bouncers but secondly, the term Tranquillity Team just made me giggle. That just sums it up really....why I love this movement, why I love this team and why I love this upbeat, fun town.

It really cheered me to know that instead of conflict, agression and confrontation, we only deal in calmness, co-operation and negotiation. Shame the rest of the planet doesn't practice that too.

No comments: