Sunday 11 April 2010

reclaim the streets....with the sunshine


Yesterday, we had a clean up day in Wirksworth and about 35 people turned up to wear fluorescent jackets and make our town sparkling ready for a beautiful spring-- shouldn't have to if dingbats wouldn't drop litter--but it was a fun community event. As I handed back my jacket I passed this lot enjoying the sunshine and I thought I would share the picture with you. Wirksworth houses often don't have gardens and that's one of the things that makes it the close community it is. Once you sit out and people go by, you tend to talk to them--far better than hiding behind fences and hedges.

As the sun comes out, why not take your chair to the front of your house rather than the back and talk to everyone who passes. Try it, you'll be surprised what fun it is.

No comments: